Saturday 30 May 2015

Moving in... staying out... moving out... staying in...

This situation reminds me of the Clash. Should I stay or should I go. Don't know how my synapses in my brain work, but somehow I heard the song when I was faced with reality this morning.

I thought I was clever yesterday. Maybe not. It's been really windy tonight, and pretty cold.

So a few of the "hero peppers" were a little broken and soft. So they had to move back in today.

The overwintered ones, to the left, remain outside. And the shorter, more solid ones, to the right will stay there. I think....

That reminds me of another saying - what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. I hope it works with chile peppers as well. Actually, I've read that the harder/tougher surrounding for the peppers, the hotter they get. I already fear this autumn :-)

The weather forecast doesn't look so pepper friendly. It says wind 7 m/s, which isn't that bad. But the wind/gusts are quite strong, and that is what breaks them. 7 C at night is also a challenge, but I think it won't go below 10C under the "net". There is some heating coming from the house facade,

Hmmm, next year... I think I will grow fewer of them :-)

Have a great weekend!
  Mats

No comments:

Post a Comment