Sunday 21 June 2015

Midsummer peppers

Hi!

Last evening of the Midsummer weekend. I went out on the balcony today, and checked the peppers, and it looks good.

Follow the links to see more pictures of the varieties.

This is the habanero red. It's almost ripe now. I can't wait to take a bite in this one :-)

And there are a bunch of promising flowers. I hope they will set fruit!


This is the habanero orange. There is a tiny pod also, but it looks a little weird. This plant has been out in the strong winds and fairly cold nights, so we will see how it goes.



The fidalgo roxa is a beauty. Look at these flowers!
And pods.
It reminds me of a variety that I grew some years ago. The Peru Scarlet Lantern.



The cheiro roxa is another beauty.



The name does not say it all. CGN 21500, looks like an "ordinary" chinense so far. Stay tuned.

The Trepadeiro Werner is another new acquaintance. It's a Capsicum baccatum, and grows and grows and grows. It's very easily broken, and reminds me of a Cumari that I grew maybe 15 years ago.
Nice small pods.


So, all the peppers are outdoors now. That's definitely worth celebrating. And, I can't wait for the first samples of them :-)

Wishing you all a great week!
   Mats

No comments:

Post a Comment